+ Understand your weaknesses and target them
The BTE Training App automates many of the processes we use as coaches. It will assess your strengths and weaknesses and create a semi-individualized & goal-specific program based on your goals. Our fitness algorithm provides an in-depth overview of where you need to focus your training efforts. Working with BTE coaches, we'll use that data to adjust your training program to maintain strengths and improve weaknesses.
+ Build mental skills
Every training session includes a specific mental skill focus. Daily lessons help you build mental skills to become more resilient and capable week after week, month after month.
+ Adjust workouts based on your schedule
Change your weekly structure, and pause training when needed. Whatever your schedule, the program can adapt to fit it.
+ Goal-specific training programs
Course-specific SOF selection prep, active-duty operator fitness, and fire and law enforcement specific programs are available.
+ Learn about the 'why' behind your training sessions
Learn why specific methods and training sessions are being assigned to you and how they will help you achieve your goals.
+ Track progress and get individualized guidance for every training session
PR tracking, suggested weights, running and rucking speeds, and heart rate zones based on your specific capabilities help you get the most out of every training session.
+ Automatic adjustments
Show up and do the work; the app takes care of the rest. You'll be guided to review and adjust your strategies based on your physical and mental performance.
Yes. Instead of an arbitrary or one-size-fits-all approach based on a goal that makes a ton of assumptions, your goals are defined by your career path or desired capability. From there, the training is individualized based on your current fitness level.
So, if there are two people training for the same goals, the person with a huge endurance background doesn’t get the same program as the individual who is incredibly strong, but hasn’t been doing much endurance training. This leads to far more effective training based on you, not just your goals.
Due to the individualization process that app uses to create your training program, there are hundreds of different training programs. However, there are five main tracks:
- SOF Selection
- You are preparing for a military SOF (any branch) or FBI / CIA selection process.
- You are currently an operator looking to improve fitness across the board, stay healthy, and perform well when operational.
- You work in law enforcement (police, sheriff, homeland security, FBI, etc) or are preparing to work in this field.
- You work as a firefighter (urban or wildland) or are preparing to work in this field.
- Your job doesn’t rely on your physical performance, or if it does, it falls outside the categories listed. Regardless of your occupation, you want to be capable of excelling at any physical task while becoming more mentally and emotionally resilient.
Once you choose a track, you’ll work through the on-boarding questions and assessments to build a program based on your goals, and overall fitness.
How many days you train each week depends on what you’re training for and how fit you are. Regardless, you can always ‘pause’ the program to catch up, skip workout days, reduce the volume of a workout, and adjust the schedule on the fly. All of these options make it easy to adjust your training when life happens.
Each training session provides an expected completion time and is also labeled to help you decide which ones to save for the days when you’re fresh, and which you can knock out on busier days or when you’re a little more fatigued.
You can easily look ahead to preview what’s coming up and adjust the training schedule accordingly. You can adjust your training in three ways:
- Adjust: You can adjust which training sessions are assigned to each day in the next week. This allows you to adjust training based on your schedule.
- Pause: Programs are assigned when you need them, not on a never ending loop. If you miss a few days or are on vacation for a week you can easily pick up where you left off. When you need a new program it will show up.