+ Understand your weaknesses and target them
The BTE Training App automates many of the processes we use as coaches. It will assess your strengths and weaknesses and create a semi-individualized & goal-specific program based on your goals. Our fitness algorithm provides an in-depth overview of where you need to focus your training efforts. Working with BTE coaches, we'll use that data to adjust your training program to maintain strengths and improve weaknesses.
+ Build mental skills
Every training session includes a specific mental skill focus. Daily lessons help you build mental skills to become more resilient and capable week after week, month after month.
+ Ask BTE coaches questions & get answers
You have access to BTE coaches to get your questions answered.
+ Adjust workouts based on your schedule
Change your weekly structure, and pause training when needed. Whatever your schedule, the program can adapt to fit it.
+ Goal-specific training programs
Course-specific SOF selection prep, active-duty operator fitness, and fire and law enforcement specific programs are available.
+ Learn about the 'why' behind your training sessions
Learn why specific methods and training sessions are assigned to you and how they will help you achieve your goals.
+ Track progress and get individualized guidance for every training session
PR tracking, suggested weights, running and rucking speeds, and heart rate zones based on your specific capabilities help you get the most out of every training session.
+ Automatic adjustments
Show up and do the work; the app takes care of the rest. You'll be guided to review and adjust your strategies based on your physical and mental performance.
+ On-demand workouts
Finishers, movement circuits, bodyweight workouts, and add-ons are always available.
BTE Training Options
- Individualized movement work to reduce injury risk and improve efficiency
- Fully-customized strength training to fit your needs, equipment, and schedule and keep you structurally balanced and resilient
- Work capacity training based on the demands of your job, selection, or event that you're training for
- Comprehensive energy systems development, including water comp training (when applicable) and individualized pacing and technique feedback
- Nutrition and supplementation guidance to optimize recovery, body-comp, and performance
- Individualized feedback with an ongoing dialogue with your coach to dial in your mental performance over time.
- Weekly check-ins with feedback on your performance, progress, and questions and unlimited email access to us throughout the process
BTE Training App
- Goal-specific training programs based on your strengths, weaknesses, and desired training frequency.
- Daily mental skill lessons to help build your mind as well as your body.
- Access to BTE Coaches to get your questions answered.
- On demand workouts - finishers, movement circuits, bodyweight workouts, and add-ons are always available.
- Every training block & session includes an in-depth overview, so you know exactly why and how to get the most out of each training session.
- PR tracking, suggested weights, running and rucking speeds, and heart rate zones based on your specific capabilities help you get the most out of every training session.
- Access to BTE courses - Dialing in Sleep, Nutrition Fundamentals, Advanced Nutrition, Time Management, Cooking & Food Prep, Advanced SOF Prep Resources & Considerations
Due to the individualization process that the app uses to create your training program, there are hundreds of different training programs. However, there are five main tracks:
- SOF Selection (8-20 hours per week)
- You are preparing for a US military SOF (any branch) selection process.
- We also have programs for: Australian SASR, British SAS/SBS, CANSOF JFT-2 & CSOR, and FBI HRT.
- We likely have a program for you if you are prepping for any SOF or high-level law enforcement selection. If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
- Operator (5-7 hours per week)
- You are an operator looking to improve fitness across the board, stay healthy, and perform well when operational.
- LEO (4-5 hours per week)
- You work in law enforcement (police, sheriff, homeland security, FBI, etc) or are preparing to work in this field.
- Fire (4-6 hours per week)
- You work as a firefighter (urban or wildland) or are preparing to work in this field.
- Civilian (3-4 hours per week)
- Your job doesn’t rely on your physical performance; if it does, it falls outside the categories listed. Regardless of your occupation, you want to be capable of excelling at any physical task while becoming more mentally and emotionally resilient.
Once you choose a track, you’ll work through the onboarding questions and assessments to build a program based on your goals and overall fitness.
Yes. Instead of an arbitrary or one-size-fits-all approach based on a goal that makes a ton of assumptions, your goals are defined by your career path or desired capability. From there, the training is individualized based on your current fitness level.
So, if there are two people training for the same goals, the person with a huge endurance background doesn’t get the same program as the individual who is incredibly strong, but hasn’t been doing much endurance training. This leads to far more effective training based on you, not just your goals.
How many days you train each week depends on what you’re training for and how fit you are. Regardless, you can always ‘pause’ the program to catch up, skip workout days, reduce the volume of a workout, and adjust the schedule on the fly. All of these options make it easy to adjust your training when life happens.
Each training session provides an expected completion time and is also labeled to help you decide which ones to save for the days when you’re fresh, and which you can knock out on busier days or when you’re a little more fatigued.
You can easily look ahead to preview what’s coming up and adjust the training schedule accordingly. You can adjust your training in three ways:
- Adjust: You can adjust which training sessions are assigned to each day in the next week. This allows you to adjust training based on your schedule.
- Pause: Programs are assigned when you need them, not on a never ending loop. If you miss a few days or are on vacation for a week you can easily pick up where you left off. When you need a new program it will show up.
Thorough and evidence-based
As a healthcare worker transitioning from the rehabilitation world to LEO/SOF training this app is the most thorough I’ve encountered. Systemic and progressive overload with all aspects of training, superimposed with nutrition, mental resilience training, etc. this is by far the most thorough and well-rounded program on the market. The book is an awesome adjunct to explain the why behind the training blocks. Absolutely awesome – a must use for everyone from civilians to military and law enforcement members.
There are several things that I have learned about myself since starting my program. I knew less about the current state of my body than I thought I did. I am strong, but not as strong as I thought I was. I have a pretty good capacity, but not as good as I thought it was. Starting on my program has exposed some areas of weakness that I didn’t know that I had and I’m excited to turn them into strengths and to see what I can do with the future goals that I have. A big thanks from me and I have no regrets about starting my plan with BTE.
Amazing People Doing Great Things
Can’t say enough about the support I receive from these two at BTE. The relaxed accountability, caring support, and nearly instant concecitivty makes this not only the most affordable coaching experience you can pay for, but the quality regardless of your age (48 for me) and fitness will begin a pathway to fitness and wellness with their help. Can’t say enough!
Give it a try
I had to get used to the new training methods at first but after I realy commited to the process i made some incredible gains both physically and mentally.
The coaches are experienced and always ready to help.
On top of that there are useful training resources regarding SOF preparation.
The BTE App is an overall good product and its worth it so sign up.
Game changing training
My mentality with SOF training before BTE was that the more I could do, the better. This led to me getting injured over and over. With BTE, I’ve been able to take a step back and build my foundation from the ground up again. Each training session has a specific purpose, not just “going hard” aimlessly. The mental skills lessons are extremely valuable, too, putting a perspective on life and training that I never would have thought of myself. But now that I’ve heard learned these lessons, they’re ingrained and are easy to integrate.
For the first time, I feel like I’m chasing this goal like a professional.